A somber mood rain the people of uthiru in dagoretti constituency after 10 family lost their properties through fire accident on 3 July 2023.
The resident of the area have reported the cause of fire accident is through electricity. There were naked electric wires that were left hanging that led to fire explosion burning all the houses in that plot.
There is no any report of anyone injured or burned in that fire incident because at the time of the accident no one was inside the plot, children had gone to school and their parents had gone to work. All of their properties burned to ashes and nothing was rescued in the process.
Nairobi fire fighter came in rescue but they came a bit later after everything had already burned, they only help to put off fire and prevent it from reaching the next plot .
People that were affected have urged the government to help them in buying the basic need in order to regain their life into normal because they have lost everything in fire.
Kenya power and lighting company have been urged to be careful when installing electric wires and also to be checking regularly for the safety of the people around.