Former Matungu Member of Parliament David Were is mourning the death if his son, Hennington Were wo was reportedly killed during the night attack in Kisumu on Sunday, 24th May 2026.
According to the reports, Hennington Were 39, was attacked by unkown assailants while walking with a friend at around 1 a.m. near Tom Mboya Estate and Nyerere Road in Kisumu.
Reports around indicate the attackers were riding on a motorbike and Hennington Were suffered fatal wounds.
The Former Mp David Were said he received information from doctors that his son had stab wounds and was pronounced dead upon arrival at hospital.
This incident of Hennington Were attack has led to reactions from leaders including the Kakamega Governor Fernandes Barasa. Fernandes Barasa called for speedy investigations and bring those who killed David Were’s son Hennington Were to book and justice served to the family.
This is said to be the second son David Were has lost within a month following another family tragedy earlier this year – 2026.
